Social Assistance

If you need financial assistance we can help. Halton Region offers a number of programs to individuals and families that require support.

Ontario Works is a program that provides temporary financial assistance to individuals returning to the workforce.

Need help with the cost of getting to and from work, school or appointments? The SPLIT pass covers 50% or more of the cost of a monthly bus pass for high school students, adults and seniors in Burlington, Milton and Oakville. SPLIT pass FAQs.
Healthy Smiles Ontario provides free dental care to Ontario residents, 17 years of age and under for preventative and early treatment services at a licensed dental care provider such as a dentist or dental hygienist.

Child Care Subsidy helps families who qualify with the cost of child care. Child Care Subsidy is available to families who are working, attending school, or looking for work. Subsidies can be applied to licensed child care programs and licensed private home child care agencies that have an Agreement with Halton Region.